Founded in 2017 by our CEO, James, and co-founder, Callum, we’re an award-winning technology startup with a mission to make driving fairer and we think it’s time that car insurance was done differently for low mileage drivers. With the UK’s first real-time pay-by-mile car insurance policy, we’re bringing the same level of on-demand convenience to car ownership that people now expect from taxis and take-away food.
We’re now looking for a CRM Manager to help us shape the future of our CRM strategy, including implementing a new CRM system. You will play a pivotal part in strategy, selection and implementation of a new way of doing things and influence both the growth of our customer base, and help us engage and retain our existing members.
As our pay-by-mile policy was the first of its kind, our policy has proven popular with UK motorists, who have voted us Best Car Insurance Provider three times, and Best Insurance App for two years running at the Insurance Choice Awards. Our customer-first approach has also ensured we have a Trustpilot rating of ‘Excellent’. We’ve been covered by the BBC, The Telegraph and TechCrunch, while our pay-by-mile policy has also been featured on TV’s Sky News and The Gadget Show.
Reporting to our new VP of Marketing, the CRM Manager will play a significant role in growing the business by defining and executing the strategy for product and marketing communications, across multiple channels (email, push notifications, in-app messages etc.). You will help grow our member base by delivering effective re-marketing and nurture campaigns to drive policy sales, and engage and delight existing members through positive communications and a consistent experience, encouraging long-term retention.
It’s a really exciting time to join By Miles (we know they all say that, but we actually mean it - we’ve doubled in size within a year and expect to continue expanding quickly). This is a new role in our marketing team to help fuel our growth ambitions in 2022 and beyond. You’ll be instrumental in helping us shape the future of our service communications, remarketing processes and platforms, helping us boost:
- Conversion rates & sales
- Retention & engagement
- Opens, clicks and deliverability of emails
- App penetration and engagement
- Our customer satisfaction levels - even more!
You’ll be supported by our brand, product, customer experience and marketing teams, to help you ensure we deliver work that’s consistent with our brand look, tone and feel.
If you’re proactive, organised and able to work both with a team and independently, we’d love to hear from you. Help our community thrive, solve problems, come up with new ways to keep our member base happy and attract potential new customers to join us.
We would love someone with the following skills and experience to join our team:
Skills and attitude:
- You have a customer-first attitude and can demonstrate the ability to put yourself in a customer’s shoes.
- You have a deep understanding of customer segmentation, have managed customer databases and collaborated with data teams and analysts to interpret that data.
- You have strong technical knowledge of different CRM platforms, and knowledge (and the desire to stay on top of) market trends.
- You have the ability to design, test and implement different engagement and communication strategies.
- You’re analytical, with the ability to split out impact of different channels and strategies.
- You’re a brilliant collaborator; the successful candidate will be required to work closely with and enable teams and people across Brand, Product Marketing, Marketing, Product, UX Research, Data and Analytics teams.
- You’re strategic, with the ability to develop plans across multiple channels and customer types. Able to think both macro and micro.
- You’re a great communicator - able to take complex problems - and not only solve them, but happy to explain and demonstrate their plans clearly, taking others on the journey with them.
- You’re curious and keen to understand what is going on underneath specific customer behaviours and responses.
- You can be flexible and able to adapt to different activities, as required. For example, getting involved in design sprints, data analysis, or working with the wider marketing team on specific creative executions and planning for tactical campaigns and communications.
We’d like to meet someone with:
- A track record of successful cross-channel (email, push, in-app messages) end-to-end planning, development and execution of large-scale engaging CRM campaigns.
- Experience designing customer experiences and communications with specific outcomes and impacts.
- Experience determining the performance of campaigns in different channels and for different customer groups.
- Experience in direct-to-consumer businesses.
- Experience of continuous improvement through running test and learn activities (e.g. A/B testing), understanding the impact on different customer segments and recommending next steps.
And if you have some of the below, it's an added bonus, but not essential!
- Experience determining criteria and running due diligence for a successful new CRM tool implementation, supplier selection and delivery would be helpful.
- Customer journey mapping experience would be helpful.
- Experience in regulated financial services products may be helpful.
- Experience of Wordpress, HTML, Figma would be helpful but not essential.
But it’s not all about us...
It’s just as much about you. We’re an ambitious, energetic bunch and we have our sights set on great things this year, and we’re ready to grow. We recognise the value our people bring, with their inquisitive minds, bright ideas and fantastic attitudes, and we aim to give as much as we receive. It’s only fair.
- 26 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Fully Hybrid Working - We will never force you to work from a location that doesn’t work for you, and we are committed to finding new ways of collaborating that make distributed working, work.
- Verified by flexa as a truly flexible employer.
- Allowance to get your work-from-anywhere set up, set up.
- Opportunities for part-time and flexible working - we are always open to discussing this, so please let us know if this might be right for you.
- Clean, bright, spacious office in Hammersmith
- Monthly one-to-one coaching sessions with our in-house coach Helen McMillan.
- Access to on-demand mental health support through Spill.
- Fully Flexible Benefits through our partner Thanks Ben, choose the benefits that matter most to you from Health Insurance, Pension Tops Ups, Learning & Development top-ups, or turn anything else into a benefit with your Thanks Ben Card.
- Real Living Wage for new parents, regardless of gender, or amount of time taken with your new addition to the family.
- Compassionate leave, Parental Bereavement Leave - When the worst happens, we want you to take the time you need without worrying about money or work.
- Sabbaticals - When you’ve been with us for 3 years you can take a paid sabbatical to rest, recharge, travel, learn a new skill, anything you want!
- Regular Socials - both Virtual and In-person.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Salary : £50,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience
Location: London, with flexible working or UK Hybrid working options.
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or disability.