In 2018, we launched the UK’s first real-time pay-by-mile car insurance policy, and we’ve been growing quickly ever since.
Our pay-by-mile policy was the first of its kind and has proven popular with UK motorists, who voted us Best Car Insurance Provider and Best Insurance App for two years running at the Insurance Choice Awards. Our customer-first approach has also ensured we have a Trustpilot rating of ‘Excellent’. We’ve been covered by the BBC, The Telegraph and TechCrunch, while our pay-by-mile policy has also been featured on TV’s Sky News and The Gadget Show.
As our business evolves, and due to internal career progression, we’re looking for a new Head of Finance.
Our Finance Team sits at the heart of our organisation and through cross-functional collaboration it is essential in the guidance, development and execution of our commercial success, both now and into the future.
Reporting into our Vice President of Finance, you will take the lead on managing and developing the finance function of the business, including mentoring and coaching our Finance team, ensuring the delivery of finance initiatives and goals.
Being part of the Senior Management Team, you will help guide and influence our future strategy, supporting the company vision through your financial expertise and ability to build credible, compassionate led relationships, across all of the business departments.
As our Head of Finance, you are data and results-driven, with a genuine enjoyment and interest in what you do. We’re looking for someone who is happy to hit the ground running and really wants to make a positive impact and grow with us on our journey of bringing fairer car insurance to all.
We would love someone to join us with the following skills and attitude:
- Ability to understand the big picture and make strategic recommendations based on data.
- Willingness to be hands on and the confidence to take on challenges outside of traditional areas of expertise.
- A desire to improve processes and automate wherever possible.
- Knows when and how to empower others and when to step in.
- A strong communicator who is able to influence and lead, with the ability to translate complex financial information to the wider business.
- Strong technical knowledge of FRS102, financial controls and processes.
- Can foresee impact of decisions and has the ability to mitigate any negative impacts on the business.
- Actively enjoys mentoring and coaching a team.
- ACA / ACCA qualified with extensive post qualification experience leading a finance function.
- Experience in owning the business model and running financial planning activities including annual budget and re-forecasts.
- Line management of a finance team.
- Partnering with the business on delivery of key finance initiatives.
- Owned relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Day to day you'll be responsible for:
- Maintaining and building on the existing financial model used to forecast performance and projections.
- Running the financial planning activities of the company including annual budget and rolling forecast.
- Maintaining P&L, BS & cash flow reporting for internal and external stakeholders. Preparing management accounts and board reports for investors.
- Day-to-day oversight of the finance function including invoicing, supplier payments, payroll and tax.
- Development, maintenance and implementation of strong processes and controls.
- Providing support, training and guidance to your team.
- Acting as a key part of the senior management team and supporting the Leadership team with decision making by providing data led recommendations.
- Owning relationships with key suppliers, including outsourced bookkeeper, lawyers, auditors and tax advisers.
- Communicating the company’s financial performance to relevant audiences; for example at company meetings and investor updates.
- Ad-hoc - including operations, legal & project management.
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 dependent on experience.
But it’s not all about us...
It’s just as much about you. We’re an ambitious, energetic bunch and we have our sights set on doubling in size this year, and we’re ready to grow.
We recognise the value our people bring, with their inquisitive minds, bright ideas and fantastic attitudes, and we aim to give as much as we receive. It’s only fair. You can find out more about our benefits https://bymiles.teamtailor.com...
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or disability.
Polite note to Recruiters: we have a very experienced internal Talent Acquisition Team and therefore don't require any help with this role. Thank you.